WELCOME BACK TO MEMORY LANE CAFE!
We’re delighted to announce that we have now begun to reopen our cafes. It’s actually been more than six months since our last cafe prior to Lockdown in March. Whilst we’ve developed new ways of supporting our members in the meantime, we have also been working hard to plan for a safe reopening. The past three months have seen a lot of work including a detailed Risk Assessment of everything we do so that we can be sure that cafes are safe for everyone. Each of our volunteers will have completed training on the new working and hygiene arrangements before they resume their duties.
We are determined that everyone will have a safe and enjoyable time at Memory Lane.
Naturally, whilst the pandemic continues, we’ve had to make changes to the way we run our cafes:-
- You’ll need to book in advance (we have to limit the number of people in the room)
- Our volunteer team will have completed a thorough clean before we open and you’ll find plenty of hand sanitiser around the building for you to use as often as you want
- Our volunteers will be protecting you by wearing masks and, for catering, gloves. They’ll also wear protective visors when washing up.
- A volunteer will meet you at the cafe entrance and show you the hand sanitiser
- The volunteer will then show you to your allocated table on which you’ll find a welcome pack of information, games and the quiz
- Your table will be socially-distanced from others so please do keep to your allocated seat.
- Refreshments (which, for now, are individually-wrapped items only) will be served to you at your table by our volunteers – there’s no need to get up
- Please wear your face-covering when you’re not eating/drinking
- Board games and jigsaws are available (but not for general sharing) – please ask if you’d like to use any of these
- We’ve worked hard to make sure that the cafes are still fun – just different! You’ll find the usual great mix of games, information, support, cakes, company and conversation.
- On Saturday 26th September we opened our doors again at St Paul’s Church in Sowerby Bridge and welcomed the 22 members who had booked. Whilst we were, of course, socially-distanced we all enjoyed the afternoon – we were able to use our new electronic bingo game for the first time.
We will be resuming our Halifax cafe at the Maurice Jagger Centre in October.
If you want to know more about any aspect of our newly-reopened cafes please call our Cafe Co-ordinator (June) on 01422 706373 or 07920 549131 or email:– firstname.lastname@example.org